Sew On & Sew North March 2019 Newsletter
MARCH 2019 NEWSLETTER
Hello everyone! I am sure that you are anxiously awaiting SPRING like I am. I will say that this cold weather has given me plenty of sewing time though. I hope you have gotten lots of projects completed this winter. Well, there is a lot to fill you in on, so just keep reading for all the latest news!
Join us for Worldwide Quilting Day on Saturday, March 16, 2019
We will be hosting an OPEN SEW DAY here at the shop on the 16th form 10:00am-4:00pm. This is FREE to attend but we are asking you to please sign up either online or in the shop. We do have limited seating. Bring a project or choose a new project. You'll need to bring your sewing machine and any supplies such as cutter, ruler, pins, etc.....If yoy need to rent a sewing machine or our supplies, let us know.
We are also having a SALE on March 16, 2019!
20% OFF regular priced fabric from a bolt (minimum 1 yard cut)
25% OFF regular priced fabric from a bolt if you EMPTY the bolt
All pre-cut fat 1/4's: Buy 5 & get the 6th FREE (these are pre-cut only-we won't cut form the bolt for this deal)
Kits 10% off
Online shoppers: use code WWQD2019 to get 20% off fabric purchase (of at least $10).
Stonehenge 10 year Anniversary
Stonehenge Fabric by Northcott is celebrating it's 10 year anniversary. There is a special line of fabric from Stonehenge: Solstice. We are the only shop in North Dakota carrying the fabric & participating in the challenges. To learn more click on the link below for the youtube video:
Stonehenge Solstice Video
STONEHENGE BLOCK PARTY INTERNATIONAL EVENT
March 15th, 2019 – September 30th, 2019
How It Works
- Quilters are challenged to use 12 or more different blocks from the Stonehenge Block Party in a quilt design
- The quilt top must be made of 100% Stonehenge fabrics from the Stonehenge Solstice Anniversary collection with the option of including the Gradations Oxidized Copper palette and the Robin’s Egg green SKU 39300-79. The quilt backing can be any fabric of your choice. The quilt must be finished – quilted and bound.
- Take a photo or photos of your finished quilt and submit via Northcott’s online submissions page by December 31st, 2019. As part of your submission, you will be asked to include a list of the shops whose blocks are included in the quilt.
- The Northcott judges will select 10 finalists and have them send in their quilts for a final round of judging. They will choose a 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winner!
CHECK OUT OUR BLOCK: Kits are available online or in store. Our block is 18.5" unfinished (18" finished). Watch for a pillow class coming soon featuring this block!
Want to see other blocks: check out Stonehenge Fabrics facebook page or website, click below....
Stonehenge Fabric Facebook
Northcott Resource Page
The Stonehenge Solstice Panel Challenge (in-store)
March 15th, 2019 - November 30th, 2019
How It Works:
To add to the fun and provide more opportunities to win prizes, each participating Block Party shop will be hosting a Solstice Panel Quilt Challenge!
- Quilters are challenged to use the Solstice panel in a creative way to make a quilt no larger than 60”x 60”. The quilt top must be made of 100% Stonehenge fabrics from the Solstice Anniversary collection with the option of including the Gradations Oxidized Copper palette and the Robin’s Egg green SKU 39300-79.
- The quilt backing can be any fabric of your choice.
- The quilt must be finished-quilted and bound. The binding must be a Stonehenge fabric.
- Each participating shop runs their own in-store contest and accepts their local entries.
- You must physically submit your panel quilt to your local participating Block Party quilt shop by November 30th 2019. That shop will judges entries and pick a winner, who will receive a Stonehenge Precut prize.
Check out the panel:
Woodland Tote class:
We are repeating this class on Sunday, March 31, 2019 from 1:00pm-5:00pm.
Here is the link to find the details online:
Woodland Tote Class
That's probably enough NEWS for now.....so I will add more on our next newsletter! Please remember to check our website calendar for classes & other events! I will be posting MORE classes soon! Here is the link to the calendar on our website: